expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, October 27, 2014

recipe diaries: vanilla chai latte

I've always loved chai lattes, but at Starbucks they're like six dollars and a bit disappointing. Yes, you do get that boho-hipster flare when you're carrying around a Starbucks cup of coffee, but why not make your own? I love to buy things but hate to spend money, so I decided to make my own. I looked up a million different recipes and sort of made my own little thing. Seriously, it's delicious. 

Ingredients:
2/3 cup milk*
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 chai tea bag
2/4 cup water
1 tbsp sugar
Pinch of cinnamon

1. Combine the sugar, milk, and vanilla extract into a saucepan over medium heat. Heat it until it's on the verge of boiling, then remove from heat.
2. Put the water in a microwave-safe mug and heat it for about 1 minute and 15 seconds.
3. Steep the tea bag in the water for 2 minutes. 
4. Pour the milk mixture into the tea (as much or as little as you'd like) and sprinkle with cinnamon.
*Milk can be substituted for unsweetened almond milk. You can also use vanilla almond milk, just skip the vanilla extract.

Have a nice day!